“You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did.” – James 2:22 (NIV)
The Social Concerns committee in Trinity Methodist Church, Petaling Jaya is a group of church members who have been annually selected to provide leadership in the following areas:
- Coordinating training for social ministries involvement.
- Participating in consultation programmes and dialogue sessions
with NGO’s, churches, government agencies or religious
- Participating in programmes organised by the Board of Social
Concerns of the Trinity Annual Conference (TRAC).
- Providing awareness to church members of present social needs
- Identifying key social ministries that members can partipate
in sacrificial services to the honour and glory of God.
- Planning the necessary logistics and training for members to
participate in short term involvement to bring the gospel of
Jesus Christ to the communities.
- Equipping the next generation of leaders so that God’s kingdom
agenda can become foundations of societal transformation.
Social Concerns Ministries
The Samaritan Ministries is a ministry of the Social Concerns committee of Trinity Methodist Church, Petaling Jaya. It involves the following areas of ministry
a) Street Feeding at YMCA and Pasar Seni
This is done in partnership with YMCA Missions Committee and the Kenosis Home.
b) Myanmar Medical Relief
This is a medical relief project where medically trained volunteers offer their service to
c) Trinity Centre
This is a centre for community care extended to the marginalised where there is
worship, fellowship, reading materials and refreshments provided. Handicraft sessions
are offered to guests to enable them to gain meaningful jobs
Medical Instrument Aid
The Social Concerns Committee has undertaken the responsibility to keep some
commonly used medical facilities such as oxygen tanks, wheel chairs, EMS medical
stretchers and toilet seat risers for loan to the infirmed who can not afford such