Our roots go back to 1955.
On 27th November 1955, the Petaling Jaya parish group, one of the fourteen parish groups of Wesley Methodist Church, K.L. became the Petaling Jaya Methodist Circle with the Parish Leader, Mr. Khoo Oon Soo as the Chairman. Members of the Circle continued to worship at Wesley, K.L., but they met twice a month in various homes. At that time, Sunday School and youth meetings were held in the home of Mr. Khoo.
Rev. J. Harry Haines saw to the building of the Youth Centre at our present location and Bishop H.B. Amstutz dedicated it on the 8th March 1959. It served as the original sanctuary.
On 30th June 1959, Rev. R.A. Kesselring, the Education Secretary, was appointed pastor of the Methodist Circle and on 2nd August 1959, Trinity Methodist Church, P.J. was formally constituted. Bishop H.B. Amstutz preached at the constituting service. There were 72 members, 51 of them were transferred from Wesley, K.L., 14 from other churches and seven by profession of faith. The Lay Leader was Mr. Khoo Oon Soo and the Chairman of the Official Board (now known as the LCEC) was Dr. Edward Tan.
The first anniversary saw a membership of 147. On that occasion, a building fund was launched. The Trinity Kindergarten was started in 1962 in the Youth Centre and the new sanctuary was completed and dedicated on 17th February 1963.
Since then, the Education Wing for the kindergarten was added and the Sanctuary was renovated and extended to its present state. Our membership now is almost 2000 and by God’s grace the number will continue to increase.